About EPZ Grounding Grates
The EPZ Grounding Grate is a one-piece galvanized steel grate used to create a safe equipotential bonded and grounded work zone.
- All Steel Galvanized Grate: 8’x14’ or 4’x3’
- Lug Connectors: 2-Hole
- Ball Studs and Grounding Cables
- Made in the USA (Patented Technology)
- Transmission Line Work
- Distribution Work
- Substation Work
- Renewable Energy Work
What is an EPZ Grounding Grate?
The EPZ Grounding Grate is a one-piece galvanized steel grate used to create an equipotential bonded and grounded work zone. This zone then protects crews from step-potential and Grade 5 fault currents. EPZ Grounding Grates are positioned on the ground then bonded together with 4/o copper cables and 2-hole lug connectors, creating an equipotential zone for puller/tensioner sites, and portable substations. The additional lug areas on EPZ Grounding Grates are for securing grounding cables between stringing equipment and grates. Our grates are quick to install and bolt together, allowing for quick assembly and easy removal.
Why EPZ Grounding Grates?
To establish an adequate equipotential work zone for puller and tensioner sites where employees are protected while performing wire stringing operations at the puller or tensioner/reel stand location.
General Rules for Grounding and Bonding During Wire String Operations:
- During stringing wire, tensioning or removing de-energized conductors there is the possibility of the conductor accidentally contacting an energized circuit or receiving a dangerous induced voltage buildup. To protect the employee from these hazards, the conductor being installed or removed should be properly grounded or other provisions made to protect the employee..
- Prior to stringing operations, identify where dangerous induced voltage buildup risk exists across the project area. Where there is a possibility that such dangerous induced voltage may exist, all provisions of equipotential bonding and grounding.
- All pulling and tensioning equipment shall be isolated, insulated, and adequately grounded.
Where Will Your Cost Savings Come From?
- Lower Trucking Cost – timber or composite mat no longer required
- Lower Labor Cost – quick and easy to bolt together. Allows for easy assembly and removal.
- Re-usable steel grates and cables – your upfront investment will save cost over multiple projects
- No more temporary products that have to be purchased over and over again.